Obsession: Doctor Who
Current Position: All caught up!
How it started: Somewhere around summer 2009, I got the 2005 season 1 out of the library, because I’d heard good things, and I was heading to England for study abroad in the fall. In the space of 2 weeks, I’d watched the entire show through what was released so far, and have stayed caught up ever since.
Why now?: For the entire month of March, I will be devoting the majority of my media related posts to Doctor Who in celebration of the return of season 7 on the 31st, and the 50th anniversary celebration coming up soon.
Too many to mention them all! I love everything about the show! I love that:
- They change it up every few years and sort of regenerate the show itself.
- Doctor is quirky and funny and a little bit sad.
- The answer is hardly ever easy.
- I never know where they’re going, and am rarely right in my predictions.
- Characters die, and furthermore, they STAY DEAD (a near impossibility on American television)
And so many more things. So join us this month as we celebrate the wonderful-ness that is Doctor Who. You never know what will come up!
If anyone would like to contribute this month, there are still a few posting days open – please email me and let me know!