Some of the semi-regular features you may see around here are as follows:
Every Friday, I will choose something to obsess over. It can be anything – a craft I’m working on, a new food I can’t get enough of, or (most likely) a film or TV show.
As a potential music history major, I’m going to need to write papers, and since I’m 2 years out of school, I’m kind of out of practice! Messy Essay’s are a way for me to get my hand back in. They will often deal with musical topics, though sometimes I may choose to focus on narrative topics, or something else. Kristilyn has kindly put together a rating system so you know ahead of time how much you’ll need to know. These ratings are, of course, only suggestions, and I will likely be featuring posts more on the A Capella end than on the Concerto end.
- A Capella: Little to no musical knowledge necessary (or non-musical topic).
- Arietta: Minimal musical knowledge needed.
- Capriccio: Moderate musical knowledge required.
- Battaglia: Advanced musical knowledge suggested.
- Concerto: Expert musical knowledge highly recommended.